Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rancho del Zocalo

This restaurant, located in Frontierland, has recently replaced Cafe Orleans as my favorite place to eat in Disneyland. I had never really noticed it before because it's relatively hidden behind the faux shooting range, or maybe I'm just not that observant. However, once again, I can thank my mother for pointing out something "new" to me in Disneyland, which is quite difficult to do since I've been going for about 20 years now.



This is about as "authentic" as you can get while within the walls of Disneyland. To be completely honest, I have only tried the chicken soft tacos, which are a lot more like fajitas than tacos. The come with a mixture of bellpeppers and onions w/a side of rice and beans. I recommend giving them a shot next time you go.


Rancho del Zocalo's prices are pretty much consistent with the majority of Disneyland's restaurants. On average, you'll pay $10 to $20, depending on whether you get a drink or not (beware: refills will cost you extra, in true Disneyland fashion).


Tip: Splurge on the tortilla chips with the hint o' lime and guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment