Sunday, March 15, 2009

Club 33


I'm sure all of you have passed by the "top secret" Club 33 several times when being at Disneyland. Most of you probably know that it's exclusive club that does not allow all Disneyland goers inside. I decided to find out a little more about it in hopes that I can somehow get myself inside there, whether that be via membership or tour.

Unfortunately, my chances are very slim of either ever happening.

Turns out, membership costs range from an expensive designer dress to an average priced car. The different membership levels are Corporate Membership, Limited Corporate Membership, Gold Membership, and Silver Membership. The prices of these memberships range from about $4000 to $28,000. Oh, and there's a 14 year waiting list.

The club was initially made for the corporate employees of Disneyland, but was later extended to others after Walt Disney's death. Club 33 got it's name from what would technically be it's "street address," 33 Royal Street, which it needed in order to obtain a liquor license. It is the only place inside Disneyland where you can get alcohol.

I don't foresee myself getting into the historical club anytime soon, but I still always linger on by the door whenever someone is going in to try and get a look inside.

4 comments:

  1. brenna: Good post. I know a friend who works in Disney Management. He of course has been in there. Maybe I can ask him if it is possible..... it is the place where dreams are made...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not even know that! I have been going to Disneyland for years, and how did I miss this? Interesting though. If I could afford to be apart of an exlusive club for business or drinking purposes, I cant say I would choose to do it at Disneyland. What a way to make money! What will they come up with next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My god parents have a membership that was passed on to them by family. We celebrated their daughter's engagement their. I felt so privileged to see the inside. It is really swanky and nice - the food is all gourmet and quite expensive. It also has a great balcony with perfect view for the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not the biggest fan of Disney Land but my friends that work there all try and get me to go. I think it is a cruel thing but I was completely surprised about the secret club. It's is so funny to think that such a huge themed park has so many secret places inside. I think your blog is neat in finding all of these things.

    ReplyDelete